Monday, October 5, 2009

David Letterman Scandal Still Looms, Plagues CBS

Chuckles were not a part of the CBS Late Night with David Letterman routine, as the belabored late night host apologized to all his female staff after his Monday show.

"Let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me," Letterman said. Always an agent of humor though, no matter how potentially ill-placed, the host could not resist adding a bit more to his 'apology'.

"I mean, I'll be honest with you folks -- right now, I would give anything to be hiking on the Appalachian Trail," Letterman quipped.

"I got into the car this morning and the navigation lady wasn't speaking to me. Ouch."

Ouch, indeed. Several media and interest groups have lobbied for CBS to take punitive actions against Letterman, who also has indicated that he will have some issues to work out with his wife after his admission.

Letterman Issues Apology to Female Staff: Watch Video Here

After getting all of his antics off his belly, Letterman did turn to a more serious note and directly address the female staffer who he apparently made reference to during his admission.

"She has been horribly hurt by my behavior ... and when something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it's your responsibility, you try to fix it."

The question is will there be a way for Letterman to fix this situation or will it permanently mar his reputation as a simple source of friendly, at time bitey, entertainment. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment